Certificate II in Nail Technology (SIB20210)
- Next Start Date: Friday the 31st of May 2013: 9:30AM - 4:00PM GOLD COAST
This course forms part of the Certificate III in Beauty Services course.
Would you like to gain employment as a nail technician? Would you like to extend your skills and add nail treatments to your resume? The Certificate II in Nail Technology course is designed to provide students with the skills to provide a variety of nail treatments and to work professionally within a salon environment.
Please note: the Beauty Therapy training package has been recently updated and AIBT is now offering the latest version of this qualification. This course was previously known as the WRB20104: Certificate II in Nail Technology.
The course covers:
- Manicure & Pedicures
- Acrylic Nail Enhancement
- Gel Nail Enhancement
- Nail Art
- Electric filing
- Nail maintenance, filing, buffing and shaping
- French Tips, Overlays and paint Application
- Nail anatomy, diseases and disorders
- Nail repairs
- Health & safety
- Professional practise skills
This course is suitable for high school students to complete as part of the VET in School's program as well as mature age students.
Units of Competency
|UNIT CODE||UNIT NAME|
|SIBBNLS201A||Work in a nail services framework|
|SIBBNLS202A||Provide manicure and pedicare services|
|SIBBNLS203A||Apply ultraviolet gel nail enhancement|
|SIBBNLS204A||Apply acrylic nail enhancement|
|SIBXCCS201A||Conduct financial transactions|
|SIBXCCS202A||Provide service to clients|
|SIRXCLM001A||Organise and maintain work areas|
|SIRXCOM001A||Communicate in the workplace|
|SIRXIND001A||Work effectively in a retail environment|
|SIRXOHS001A||Apply safe working practices|
|SIRXSLS001A||Sell products and services|
|SIBBNLS205A||Apply nail art|
|SIBBNLS206A||Use electric file equipment for nails|
|SIBBNLS207A||Apply advanced nail art|
Students who successfully complete the course will receive the nationally recognised Certificate II in Nail Technology (SIB20210) qualification. This qualification is from the latest version of the Beauty Therapy training package and is the most up-to-date qualification available in nails.
Graduates are eligible for enrolment in the Certificate III in Beauty Services, the Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy or the Diploma of Beauty Therapy courses and will be eligible for direct credit for units completed in this course.
The course runs for 6hrs/day (1 day per week) over 20 weeks. Total duration: 120hrs.
Course fees cover:
- Basic Manicure Kit
- School T-Shirt
- Use of the school's products for in class use
- Use of the school's equipment
The course fees are for a position in the course and are payable whether the student completes the course or not. Upon enrolling in the course, the student (and guarantor/s) becomes liable to the institute for the full course fees.
To secure a position in the course, student's must pay a minimum non-refundable course deposit of 10% of the 'Discounted Upfront Payment Price' (listed below).
Certificate II in Nail Technology:
Discounted Upfront Payment Price: $2,500.00
- Non-Refundable Course Deposit: $250.00
- Balance Due on Course Commencement Date: $2,250.00
Full Course Cost (Payment Plan): $2,750.00
- Non-Refundable Course Deposit: $250.00
- Balance paid in weekly direct debit installments (with Ezypay) over course duration: $2,500.00
To enrol in this course you must download the Enrolment Pack. If you are unable to download or open this file, please phone us on (07) 55 938 335 to have one posted to you.
Register Your Interest in This Course
Next Course Start Dates:
- 31st May – 11th Oct 13 – Friday’s (9:30AM) – Gold Coast
- 6th Jul – 23rd Nov 13 – Saturday’s (9:30AM) – Gold Coast - Please note: There will be no class on the 5th of October for the Queen's B'day long weekend.
- 2nd Aug – 13th Dec 13 – Friday’s (9:30AM) – Gold Coast
- Beauty Courses
- Full Time
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Part Time
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time
- Cert IV in Beauty Therapy
- Cert III in Beauty Services
- Cert II in Nail Technology
- Cert II in Retail Makeup and Skin Care
- Short Courses
- Beauty Try A Career Workshop
- Facial Course
- Massage Course
- Waxing & Tinting
- Eyelash Extensions
- Manicure & Pedicure
- Acrylic & Gel Nails
- Spray Tanning
- Hot Stone Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Brazilian Waxing
- Hopi Ear Candling
- Advanced Facials
- Body Electrics
- Nail Art
- Spa Treatments
- Start your own spa
- Beauty Refresher Course
- Makeup courses
- Correspondence Courses
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Cosmetic Chemistry
- More Coming Soon!
- Upcoming Courses
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time24th May 13
- Make-Up for You25th May 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care25th May 13
- Fashion Retailing, Marketing & Merchandising30th May 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology31st May 13
- Manicure & Pedicure31st May 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time31st May 13
- Hair for You1st Jun 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time8th Jun 13
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services13th Jun 13
- Fashion Photography and Styling15th Jun 13
- Fashion Styling15th Jun 13
- Airbrush Makeup15th Jun 13
- Hair Styling15th Jun 13
- Spray Tanning15th Jun 13
- Fashion Business & Merchandising15th Jun 13
- Waxing & Tinting21st Jun 13
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time21st Jun 13
- Eyelash Extensions29th Jun 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails29th Jun 13
- Massage29th Jun 13
- Manicure & Pedicure6th Jul 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology6th Jul 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care13th Jul 13
- Aromatherapy13th Jul 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails19th Jul 13
- Fast Track Fashion Design27th Jul 13
- Diploma of Photo Imaging29th Jul 13
- Diploma of Photo Imaging30th Jul 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care2nd Aug 13
- Certificate II in Nail Technology2nd Aug 13
- Manicure & Pedicure2nd Aug 13
- Anatomy & Physiology Correspondence Course2nd Aug 13
- Cosmetic Chemistry2nd Aug 13
- Nutrition2nd Aug 13
- Textile Design2nd Aug 13
- Footwear Design16th Aug 13
- Certificate II in Retail Make-Up and Skin Care24th Aug 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails24th Aug 13
- Fashion Business & Merchandising31st Aug 13
- Waxing & Tinting7th Sep 13
- Spa Treatments14th Sep 13
- Acrylic & Gel Nails20th Sep 13
- Facial Course21st Sep 13
- Waxing & Tinting27th Sep 13
- Anatomy & Physiology Correspondence Course11th Oct 13
- Hot Stone Massage18th Oct 13
- Body Electrics26th Oct 13
- Advanced Facials9th Nov 13
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design & Technology24th Feb 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy24th Feb 14
- Advanced Diploma of Fashion & Textiles Merchandising24th Feb 14
- Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services3rd Mar 14
- Advanced Diploma of Interior Design3rd Mar 14
- Diploma of Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)3rd Mar 14
- Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design & Technology7th Mar 14
- Certificate IV in Make-Up10th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Photography)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (Painting and Drawing)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Fashion Design)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Visual Arts (Textile, Print & Surface Design)14th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Styling (Fashion, Image & Media)28th Mar 14
- Certificate III in Interior Decoration2nd May 14
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy Part Time
- Latest News
- 19/04/13 Congratulations to Jane Rogers, winner a double movie pass for completing our styling graduate survey...
- 26/02/13 AICD is expanding! AICD Brisbane is moving into a new larger campus over the next few weeks! AICD Gold Coast's Acacia campus is also expanding too!....
- 21/12/12 AICD is now closed for the Christmas holiday break and will reopen on Wednesday the 3rd of Jan....
- 21/12/12 AICD Christmas Newsletter!
- 20/11/12 VET FEE-HELP Loans now available for Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Diploma of Photo Imaging, Diploma of Specialist Make-Up Services, Advanced Diploma of Fashion and Textiles Merchandising and more...
- 19/10/12 Congratuations to our students Kerry-Ann Andersson - winner of the 2012 Calico Brides Competition, Jaymi Spina - Highly Commended Award Winner and our 5 finalists!...
- 24/08/12 You are invited to the 'Head in the Clouds' parade event Wed 24th October...
- 08/08/12 New 'Try a Career Workshops' announced...
- 27/07/12 New visual arts and design courses for 2013!...
- 03/06/12 Congratulations to our fashion student Kerry-Ann Andersson, winner of the 'Fashion on James' design competition...
- 14/05/12 Congratulations to our styling student Candice Naughtin, winner of 'The Stylist's Apprentice' competition by Westfield Garden City...
- 23/12/11 AICD is now VET FEE-HELP Approved! This means that you can now access VET FEE-HELP assistance for studying in our Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology and Advanced Diploma of Interior Design courses!...
- 22/12/11 Merry Christmas! The AICD office is now closed for Christmas and will reopen on the 2nd of January...
- 14/10/11 New Eyelash Extension Course!
- 12/10/11 Come along to the Hello Fashion presents AICD styling graduates parade on the 4th of Nov...
- 11/10/11 Congratulations to Liezl Boshoff winner of the Highly Commended Award at the 2011 Calico Brides Competition...
- 17/08/11 Enter our Photography competition to celebrate the announcement of new photography courses!...
- 17/08/11 AICD announces 2012 January Summer School courses...
- 12/07/11 Congratulations to Sara Hultman for winning the Avenue Designer Competition final on Sunday the 3rd of July...
- 15/06/11 Evolved Designs: AICD Advanced Diploma of Fashion Design students present their collections at Sanctuary Cove...
- 11/06/11 Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills parade a success...
- 11/05/11 AICD releases new Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy part-time course...
- 09/05/11 AICD Styling students present: 'For the Love of Fashion: Winter Chills and Fashion Thrills' parade at Light Space...
- 09/05/11 Support 6 local up and coming designers showcasing their latests collections in the Evolve Fashion Showcase at Sanctuary Cove...
- 21/03/11 Over the past week we have had some problems with our Website and Emails. If you have not received a response to an email or online course enrolment from the past week, please get in touch with us as we may not have recieved your message...
- 17/12/10 Shoe Design, Make-Up and Beginner Sewing Holiday Courses starting on Monday the 10th of January! Last minute positions available - enrol now!
- 17/12/10 The AICD team wishes everyone a very Happy New Year! We have now re-opened our office, call to book an appointment to find out about our courses for 2011!
- New Holiday Courses Scheduled to run in January!
- Congratulations to Katie Styles for winning the Billabong 'Design a Bikini' Bikini Showdown Competition!
- Come to see the Unborn Treasures Show at the Sanctuary Cove Theatre on December 14th...
- Congratulations to Masa Gracanic for winning the Halloween Costume Design Competition held by the Temple Bar!
- Congratulations to Jane Andrewartha for winning the 'Runner Up' prize in the Qld Brides Design Awards 'Calico Brides' Competition!
- Come along to the 'Students Present Fashion Friday' parade on Friday 24th Sept at Temple
- Photos from the Metamorphosis Parade!
- Come along to the 'Metamorphosis...' parade Wed 18th Aug from 6pm at Lauxes'
- Congratulations to Julian Napier for winning the 'Electic Playground Club Couture' Fashion Competition!
- Photos from some recent photoshoots!
- Congratulations to Masa for winning the 'Little Green Dress' Design Award!
- Congratulations to Sam, Hazel, Sally & Stevie for their awards in the 'Style Off' competition...
- AICD is opening in Brisbane in 2010! More information coming soon!
- AIBT is now ITEC approved, giving our beauty students the opportunity to achieve international qualifications in Beauty. More information coming soon.
- Varsity Lakes Train Station is now open!
- March 2010 Intake of Certificate III in Styling course booked out. Next course starting in April 2010 - limited positions.
- Congratulations to Kylie Landsborough for her win at the Qld Bridal Design Awards last night! Also congratulations to Aubrey Wright winning the 'Highly Commended' award, Han Ho and Stephanie Mowat for winning 'Commendation' awards!...
- New dates set for January 2010 Summer School Courses
- We are now offering Interior Design Qualifications! Check back soon for more information!
- Photos from 'SIX' fashion parade held at 19Karen on the 28th of August...
- Receive a double pass to the September Issue when you enrol in the Diploma of Fashion Design / Business or Styling...
- Student's graduation parade to be held at 19Karen Contemporary Artspace on the 28th of August...
- Photos from the parade at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Our street address is changing on the 1st of July due to the Council's road name change...
- Student's Fashion Parade to be held at Elsewhere on the 21st of June...
- Congratulations to Renee Enoka for winning the 'Designing A Fashion Career' competition...
- Congratulations to our styling student Sarah Rugg for winning the 'Style Off' competition...
- Congratulations to our students Renee and Olivia who have become finalists in the 'Designing a Fashion Career competition...